As a top metal roof manufacturer, we are pretty bias when it comes to choosing metal panels over the traditional asphalt shingles. Fortunately, more and more homeowners are quickly beginning to realize the advantages of metal roofs, increasing their appeal and popularity.
According to the Metal Roofing Alliance (MRA), the residential metal roofing market has increased by double digits over the past five years. Homeowners are becoming more aware of the disadvantages of traditional roofing materials and are educating themselves on other roofing options, specifically metal.
The draw to metal roofing installation is based on the product’s durability, fire-resistance, versatility, longevity, energy savings, and value. The MRA reports that metal roofs:
- Typically last 2-3 times longer than their asphalt counterparts
- Can boost resale value by 6%
- Can decrease insurance premiums by up to 35% (in some states)
- Reflect the sun’s rays, decreasing AC cost
- Insulates against the cold, decreasing heating costs
If you would like more information about this topic or getting a roofing estimate, please call 859-744-4475 or email Olivia@manseametal.com.